Get a quote
As per affordable cockroach treatment services Brisbane, the cockroaches require moisture to survive. Leaky pipes and faucets attract cockroaches. These are the reasons you often see them in bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.
Having a fair idea regarding the myths and misconceptions about cockroaches helps you to restrict their growth in your house.
- Cockroach infestation occurs in dirty homes only: Many people believe that cockroaches are a sign of a dirty home. However, this is not the deciding element for them. It’s imperative to seal all the entry points to stop them from accessing food and water.
- Only cockroach treatment kills them:Another misconception about cockroaches is they can only die when exposed to toxic chemicals. These pests are very low on the food chain and can be controlled as easily as other pests.
- Cockroaches can survive the nuclear war: Since the inception of the Cold War, the myth has likely been repeated through generations. Cockroaches can survive 10 times more radiation than a human. They are unlikely to survive a nuclear blast.
- Cockroaches are always bad:around one per cent of cockroaches in the world are considered pests. Around 30 types of cockroaches make an unsanitary appearance in your home and exacerbate allergies.
- All cockroaches can fly: another myth about cockroaches is all of them fly and invoke terror. Some of them fly, but they do not invade homes. Some use their wings to stabilize themselves while jumping, which may appear similar to flying. But even then, not all cockroaches can jump, either.
- Big cockroaches are the worst: cockroaches cause similar harm irrespective of their size. Although, large ones are indeed much more unsettling!
Diseases carried by cockroaches
Cockroaches carry at least 30 different types of bacteria. As per the WHO, these diseases include cholera, typhoid fever, dysentery, diarrhoea, leprosy, plague, Salmonellosis, Listeriosis, and Campylobacteriosis.
Usually, cockroaches don’t bite. But, breathing in their waste and skin may cause allergies and asthma. Cockroaches are mostly active at night and disperse when disturbed by light.
Cockroaches are considered the most common household pests. Persistent pests are a problem. Prevent a larger infestation and browse for the ‘cockroach Inspections specialist near me to get a permanent solution.
Top 7 Signs of a Cockroach Infestation
- Smear Marks
- Stench or Unusual Odor
- Shedded Skin
- Property Damage
- Living cockroaches
Important Steps to Check Cockroach Infestation
- Eliminate all water sources.
- Cleaning up places is helpful. Cockroaches need three things to survive. They are water, food, and shelter.
- Remove the traces of glue from your kitchen drawers.
- Using sticky traps helps.
- Gel bait reduces the number of cockroaches in your kitchen.
- Pesticide spray helps check the infestation.
- Cockroaches prefer warm areas, so keep areas cool as much as possible.
Cockroaches reproduce at a huge rate. Unknowingly you carry them in grocery bags. To prevent any chances of future infestations, google ‘Cockroach treatment specialist near me
Quickest Methods to get rid of Cockroaches from your kitchen :
Remember, the population of cockroaches’ flourishes where moisture and food are readily accessible. To find a solution, google ‘cockroach pest control services near me.’
- Sanitation is essential to get rid of cockroach management and infestation.
- Decrease the carrying capacity of cockroaches by storing food in sealed containers.
- Lock the hiding places like cracks and crevices with paint and chalk.
- Put glue traps behind refrigerators, along baseboards, near water pipes, in bathrooms and in other locations where baby cockroaches are found.
Hire an expert pest removal team by doing a location-specific search like ‘cockroach inspector near me.’
Experts pour Boric Acid lightly into cracks, crevices, wall voids and other places where cockroaches hide normally. The mechanism is simple. The powder clasps to the legs, antennae, and insect bodies that act as a stomach poison when consumed.
Food-grade diatomaceous earth for Cockroach Eradication :
The food-grade diatomaceous earth works on contact. It does not contain any toxic poisons. Coat a thin layer over the shelter. You need to repeat the treatment if required.
Pest control teams apply moisture-resistant bait in places where cockroaches are normally found.
Organic Pesticides :
Plant-based organic pesticides have insecticidal properties. These least-toxic botanical insecticides can work wonders. However, they have side effects if applied with synthetic chemicals. However, they break down rapidly in the environment.
You can use more than one trap to inspect pest populations. One should give priority to areas where cockroaches are found in wide numbers.
Placing glue traps along baseboards, near water pipes, behind refrigerators, in other locations, and in bathrooms helps kill baby cockroaches.
Professionals wrap a fine screen over windows and vents to restrict the travel of crawling pests. For the best solution, hire professionals without delay.